Monday 1 April 2013

Motivation...and April Fool's Day.



Happy April 1st...or Happy April Fool's Day!

Don't you think it's a bit of a double whammy to have April Fool's on a Monday? Me too.

With that, I find myself lacking in the motivation department...especially when I am staring at two projects (one contemporary and another CC project), both of which are due very, very soon. So like all good writers, I found my little mouse roaming the internet 'researching' (known to everyone else as procrastination).

And found this little tidbit when browsing comments on Amazon:

"The biggest thing for you to do is get rid of your motivation. That's right. Throw motivation out the window because that idea will dry up fast. You must have a strong work ethic and drive. Believe in yourself and have fun!"

Omigosh. Was this guy talking to me?? Nope. But were the cosmos? Yep. That was a great big smack on the back of the head by greater powers. At least for me.

As a person, if I don't buckle down...nothing gets accomplished, good or bad.

As a writer, if I don't sit down and put fingers to keys...nothing gets written, good or bad.

Another favorite quote of mine - from a Chinese fortune cookie of all places - is: Begin...the rest is easy. I find that to be true. If I never start...I never have the opportunity to finish.

So, I'm off to write. Good or bad. J

Before you go...do you have a favorite quote you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment